Cut Car Fuel Costs
Shift into High-Gear Cost-Cutting
While there are lots of fuel-efficient car options, for those who haven’t yet anted up for payments, there are lots of driving changes that can help cut fuel costs.
- Air conditioning adds 10% – do without it when you can.
- Avoid quick starts to cut costs, while accelrating quickly adds to your cost of driving.
- For those with automatic transmissions, driving in the highest gear cuts fuel costs.
- Drive more slowly – drive 65 instead of 80 to save 25%.
- Drive 60 instead of 75 and save 25%. Just get into the slow lane and smile all the way to the bank.