Avoid #1 Cause of Dirt at Home
Take of Your Shoes
Let’s face it, it’s a dirty world. As you are walking around, you’re picking up bits of everything you step in.
Where there’s been:
- A dog, or a cat, there are traces of, well, you know
- Dropped food or beverages, mean there’s off-the-chart dangerous bacteria
- Bird droppings get baked in the sun and become invisible on the sidewalk
- Sneezing and coughing people broadcast viruses and infections
- Sweat from people and animals is just, ewh
You step in those pools of bacteria and germs, and carry traces (or even chunks) with you on your shoes. Think you’re wiping them off on the rug at the door? Think Again.
The easiest way to keep dirt and germs out of your home is to take off your shoes at the front door. Keep slippers, sandals, or socks at the front door to slip into when you (or guests) arrive. Once you get into the habit, it’s easy to remember to reserve your “street shoes” for outside.