How To – Kitchen
Quicker Easier Kitchen Cleaning
The kitchen is called the Heart of the Home.
What a great place to use some “Tender Loving Care.”
TLC Clean makes cleaner quicker and easier. Our “Shield” products actually keep your stuff cleaner longer! You’ve got to see & believe! After all, you’ve got things you’d rather be doing, instead of cleaning, don’t you?
TLC Clean Products for the Kitchen:
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Glass & Metal with Lite Shield
- Deep Clean & Restore
- 12-Month Shield
- Air & Surface Freshener – Disinfects!
All-Purpose Cleaner Buy Now
For small areas, like sinks:
- Mix 1 teaspoon All-Purpose Cleaner in 2 to 4 cups of hot tap water in a bowl or cup.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Wet a sponge or cloth with the mixture and apply the mixture to the surfaces of your sink.
- OR –
- Wait for the mixture to cool a bit, then pour it into your Spray Bottle, and spray on your sink. (Let it cool or it will melt a plastic spray bottle, like happened to me.)
- If areas around the fixtures are really gungy, put an extra amount of the mixture on it, and scrub with a brush or scouring pad.
For large areas, like floors:
- Mix 2 to 4 teaspoons All Purpose Cleaner in a bucket of hot tap water.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Dunk a mop, sponge, or Swiffer-type cleaning tool into the bucket
- Scrub the floor as usual
- Let the mixture sit on the surface for 10 minutes or more.
- Scrub areas and around corners or grimy places with a brush or scouring pad.
- If possible, let the mixture sit on the sink for 10 to 15 minutes. This step is not “necessary,” but you do get extra germ-neutralizing action with more time.
- Go back over the areas you cleaned with clear water to rinse.
Deep Clean & Restore Buy Now
Use Deep Clean & Restore to remove stubborn soil, as well as corrosion damage and to prepare the surface for the 12-Month shield (if you are going to use that product).
- Pour a dime-sized amount of Restore & Prep onto a scouring pad.
- Work in small areas, no more than 1 foot square, because the product dries quickly.
- Scrub the surface in a circular motion.
You are not “applying” this product, you are working to remove the corrosion. This can take some elbow grease. Don’t want to work so hard? This is a natural product, it works well, but it does take some work.
Once the area has been “Restore-d” you don’t have to ever get to this point again. Moving forward, you can easily protect your surfaces and clean away the hard water and residue that cause the corrosion.
12-Month Shield Buy Now
Want longer lasting TLC for your shower door and other hard surfaces? With the 12-Month Shiled, your surface stays cleaner for 12 Months!
- Fold a micro-fiber cloth over and over, until you have a hand-sized “tool” to work with.
- OR –
- Use the Fine Microfiber wrapped around a sponge (this is our preference)
- Flip the top of the 12-Month Shield bottle and pour a small line of product onto the cloth.
- Pay attention to where you are applying the product.
- Work in small areas (no more than 1 foot square). The product dries fast.
- “Paint” the entire sink surface with the shield.
- First wipe the product on in an up and down motion, then back and forth.
- Cover every inch of the surface– to protect it from stains and corrosion.
- Repeat with a second coat. For added protection, you may want to apply a third coat.
Air, Fabric, & Surface Freshener & Disinfectant Buy Now
- Simply spray to freshen the air and remove cooking odors
- Spray on hard surfaces and then wipe to disinfect and freshen
- Freshener does NOT have to be wiped off of the surface; it is safe for people and pets
- Cooking, smoke, and other smells may not be just in the air, often “fatty” particles settle on the walls and other hard surfaces
- For REAL CLEAN, clean the air and the surfaces of particles that can grow bacteria
- TLC Clean doesn’t just remover odor, it neutralizes the bacteria
that cause odor – that’s “Tender Loving Care CLEAN!”
Good things to know:
1) A kitchen sink is constantly bombarded with acids and stains. Your white porcelain sink will show stains. Not to worry. As long as you clean your sink once a week, the shield protects your sink from them taking hold.
2) Stainless steel surfaces will still get fingerprints. But . . . Once you’ve protected and shielded the surface, a quick wipe with a micro-fiber cloth will bring the surface back to slick and sexy.
3) Learn more about How the “Shield” works
For general cleaning, including sink, countertops, wood, glass, metal, floors, cupboards, windows, and more – use All-Purpose Cleaner.
NOTE: All-Purpose Cleaner does NOT include a shield, making it the best choice for all your hard-surface floors.
When it comes to windows, mirrors, and all glass surfaces, the Glass & Metal with Lite Shield first cleans them and then keeps them cleaner longer.
For all your stainless steel appliances: your refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, use TLC Clean Glass & Metal with Lite Shield. Whatever you own that is stainless steel, we make it look great – and keep it that way longer.
For your granite countertops and backsplashes, as well as marble, tile, grout, and more – use Glass & Metal with Lite Shield.
Around faucets and fixtures, the metal areas of your sliding glass doors, and other grungy or corroded areas – use Deep Clean & Restore as a serious cleaner and problem solver.
Use 12-Month Shield on problem areas, like your sinks and stainless steel appliances. It helps keep your stuff cleaner for 12 Months. (See how to maintain 12-Month Shield)
NOTE: Do NOT use any of the products that shield on floors – the shield creates a slick surface, which is not what you want on floors!