Carpet + Upholstery
How to Clean Carpet + Upholstery
CARPET CLEANING Buy Now
Carpeting provides warmth and comfort,
beauty and style, reduces slips and falls, muffles noises, and lasts a long time.
Carpeting represents a big investment; it makes sense to care for it so that it stays nice and fresh as long as possible. Besides, we often sit on – and baby crawls on – the same carpet that Fido is wiping it’s dirty feet on. Not only that, we are walking all over the carpet, all the time. We have to clean the carpet.
- Test the product in an out-of-sight area of your carpet first, before using all over.
- Do NOT use on carpets that you cannot use water on.
Directions for small areas:
- Fill 1 to 4 cup container with hot tap water.
- Add 1 TEASPOON Carpet product and stir to dissolve completely.
- Pour into plastic spray bottle. (Let cool enough so it doesn’t melt the bottle)
- Spray liberally on area to be cleaned. Soak heavily soiled areas.
- Scrub with brush or towel to dislodge soil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes or more to give product time to do its work.
- Do not allow the area to dry out or stains will dry back into the fibers.
- Use clean, dry (white) towels or cloths to pat and extract the water and . soil
- Continue patting until all the soil is lifted from the carpet.
- If some soil remains, repeat the process.
- GEt the carpet as dry as possible.
- Do not use the area untll the carpet is completely dry.
Directions for large areas and using machine.
- TLC Clean Carpet does up to 1,000 square feet.
- You can use TLC Clean in most carpet cleaning machines you can rent or buy.
- TLC does not create “foam or “bubbles,” so it’s good for most machines.
- Add 1 to 2 TEASPOONS Carpet product to the 1 cup hot tap water.
- Stir to dissolve
- Pour mixture into the machine’s cleaning solution container.
- Clean according to machine’s carpet cleaning instructions.
- Rinse and extract throughly, per machine’s instructions.
- Allow cleaned area to dry completely before using.
UPHOLSTERY CLEANER Buy Now – It is a 2 in 1 product
Directions for cleaning upholstery are the same – in terms of how to use the product in a machine. BUT, there ae significant differences in how to clean upholstery. And here’s why.
- Carpet has a backing and mat, but you know how thick it is and you can figure how much water is held in a particular area. It’s pretty easy to pat carepting dry, and very easy to extract water from carpet with a machine.
- Upholstery can be the cover of a literal “sponge.” Pillows, couches, and the rest MUST be thoroughly dired – or else. Moisture is a breeding ground for mold and mildew, so you mush take care not to clean in a way that will leave the item moist. Period.
- Don’t be scared off of cleaning upholstery yourself, just be aware of the need for caution.
- Focus on cleaning the surface of the upholstered item. Spray the Carpet & Upholstery cleaner, but not too much. Spray and wipe, spray and scrub – then pat to extract soil and water from the item.
- Be patient.
- Fabrics can be fragile. While scrubbing can supply the agitation necessary to dislodge debris and soil, if you aren’t careful, scrubbing too aggressively can damage the fabric. So, take it slow and easy. Start slow. You will get result.
That said . . .
I got pretty aggressive cleaning the upholstery in my 10-year old SUV. I applied liberal amounts of the product/water mixture with a cloth and brush that I rubbed pretty hard into the seat and then I used a shop vac for extraction. I swear I literally pulled a cup of coffee out of the seat! I could smell it! I had spilled that coffee – along with other soda and milk spills – years ago and they hadn’t been removed. But with TLC Clean, out it came!
AIR & FABRIC FRESHENER Buy Now
- Just spray & odor goes away
- Safe for people and pets
- No need to rinse
- NOTE: There is no fragrance because chemical fragrances are usually harmful to humans and animals. We don’t add fragrance to TLC Clean products. Period.