How To – Bathroom
Bathroom as a Retreat
Your bathroom can be a spa-like retreat from your busy day. Or not. TLC Clean helps transform your bathroom into the sleek and luxurious room it aspires to be.
TLC Clean Product List:
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Shower & Bath Xtra TLC
- Restore & Prep
- Glass & Metal Cleaner
- 12-Month Shield
- Air & Surface Freshener
(See Below for list of bathroom areas and which
TLC Clean products to use on them.)
All Purpose Cleaner Buy Now
- Mix 1 teaspoon All-Purpose Cleaner in 2 to 4 cups of hot tap water in a bowl or cup.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Wet a sponge or cloth with the mixture and apply the mixture to the surfaces of your sink.
- Wait for the mixture to cool a bit, then pour it into your Spray Bottle, and spray on your sink (Let it cool or it will melt a plastic spray bottle, like happened to me)
- If areas around fixtures and faucets are really gungy, put an extra amount of the mixture on it, and scrub
- Let the mixture sit on the tub or shower enclosure for 10 minutes or more
- If needed, scrub the sink and around the faucets with a brush or scouring pad
- Come back and rinse the shower and tub with clear water
- If any soil remains, repeat
Shower & Bath Cleaner Buy Now
- Spray dirctly onto the surface
- The bottle’s mist sprayer broadcasts the product
- Use a wet cloth or brush to spread the product further, so the entire surface is covered
- Let the product sit for a few minutes to do it’s work
- In the meantime, clean other parts of the bathroom
- Rinse with clear water and let dry
Deep Clean & Restore Buy Now
- Use Restore & Prep to remove the damage and prepare the surface for the “protective shield.”
- Pour a dime-sized amount of Restore onto a scouring pad.
- Work in small areas, no more than 1 foot square, because the product dries quickly.
- Scrub the surface in a circular motion.
- You are not just “applying” this product, you are working to remove the corrosion. This can take some elbow grease.
Deep Clean & Restore is a natural product, it works well, and it does take some work.
Once the area has been “restore-d” you don’t have to ever get to this yucky point again. Moving forward, you can easily protect your surfaces and clean away the hard water and residue before they can cause corrosion.
Glass & Metal with Lite Shield Buy Now
Once you have cleaned away scum and residue, use glass and metal cleaner on
- Shower door
- Sides of the bathtub or shower enclosure
- Counter tops: granite, marble, tile, or wood
- Do NOT use on the floor of the bath tub or shower – Or you could slip and fall on the slick surface
- Spray 3 to 6 squirts onto a micro-fiber cloth
- Wipe the surface and as it cleans, it creates a slick protective “seal”
- Protective shield is included – shield resists water spots, soap build-up, mold and mildew
See HOW IT WORKS
12-Month Shield Buy Now
- Fold a micro-fiber cloth over and over, until you have a hand-sized “tool” to work with.
- Flip the top of the 12-Month Shield bottle and pour a small line of product onto the cloth.
- OR - Use the micro-sponge
- Pay attention to where you are applying the product and what areas still need to be covered.
- Work in small areas (no more than 1 foot square). The product dries fast.
- “Paint” the entire sink surface with the shield.
- First wipe the product on in an up and down motion, then back and forth.
- Cover every inch of the sink, faucets and fixtures – to protect from stains and corrosion.
- Repeat with a second coat. For added protection, apply a third coat.
- Maintain your shower door and any other surface where you apply the 12-Month Shield with All-Purpose Cleaner and/or Glass & Metal with Lite Shield
Do NOT use other products; they will remove the shield.
See HOW IT WORKS
Know this: Your shower and bath is attacked by hard water and chemicals in personal care prodcuts.
Don’t worry. As long as you clean your shower once a week, the shield protects your shower and bath from them taking hold.
Bathroom Areas to Clean:
- Shower & Bath tub -
All Purpose Cleaner
- Shower & Tub Scum -
Shower & Tub Fixer
- Shower door –
Restore & Prep, 12-Months Shield
- Sink – All Purpose Cleaner, Glass & Metal Cleaner
- Mirror - Glass & Metal Cleaner, 12-Month Shield
- Faucets & Fixtures – All Purpose, Restore & Prep, Glass & Metal, 12-Month Shield
- Counters - Granite, marble, tile, or other hard surface – All Purpose, Glass & Metal
- Cupboards & Shelves – All Purpose
- Walls - Especially around light fixtures & door knobs – All Purpose, Glass & Metal
- Floors – All Purpose
- Eliminate Bacteria & Odor - Air, Fabric & Surface Freshener
- In Shower or around Fixtures.
Are there corrosion, hard water build-up, and other issues? - Use Restore & Prep. Is there corrosion on fixtures or in the corners of metal shower door frames? See the picture, in case you don’t know what corrosion looks like. Corrossion is actually a chemical process where the metal or glass surfaces are actually being worn away because of hard water, chemicals, or other factors.