Life is Messy
We can change the old saying to, “Into each life some spots will fall.”
It’s not IF you are going to spill wine, or if the cat will spit up, or if the neighbor kids will track muddy footsteps across the carpet . . . if’s WHEN.
When it comes to spills and spots, carpeting and upholstery take a beating. But, now you can fight back, with TLC Clean Carpet & Upholstery.
Following are general cleaning tips.
- Do not use on Non-Washable Fabrics like Silk or Wool.
- Fabric makes a difference in how best to clean.
- For more extensive tips, download our FREE TLC Clean Laundry Tips & Tricks
- First, clean off any bits or smears. A spoon or dinenr knife can work well for this
- Add 1/4 to 1 TEASPOON in 1 cup of hot tap water. (Use less water to make a concentrated paste)
- Stir to dissolve completely
- Let the mixture cool a bit
- Wet or soak the stained area with the mixture
- Don’t make the stain large than what it already is. Work only within the area of the stain, from the outside edges to the center of the stain.
- Depending on the stain and the fabric, scrub the area with a brush or rub with a cloth
- Let the product work on the stain for 10 minutes
- Blot the stain with a clean, dry cloth
- Continue applying the mixture, waiting and then blotting until the stain is gone
- Apply product mixture and allow the mixture to work on stain for an hour or even overnight
- Keep the area damp so the stain does not set.
- TLC Clean can continue working on the stain as long as the item is wet.
NOTE: Do not automatically apply hot water or heat to stains.
Many stains are organic (food, body fluids, etc) and respond better to cool water than hot.
Our next eBook will be on Carpet & Upholstery Stain Removal.
Sign up for our email and you’ll get a free copy when it is completed.
When you sign up for our email NOW You get a FREE copy of Laundry Tips & Tricks