by Barbara Loraine
If your sink is white porcelain you know how easily and frequently it gets stained. As time goes by, the porcelain is no match for the food acids that assault the sink. Coffee, tea, berries, wine, tomato sauce, and more – they all stain the sink. What’s a health conscious sink owner to do?
Is this solution only for white porcelain sinks? NO!
Know this: even a stainless steel or colored sink is attacked by acids and stains. Although you can’t see the stains, they may be there.
Use these same directions for any kitchen sink.
To have a pristine, white sink for 12 Months, first clean the sink with All Purpose Cleaner.
If there are stubborn stains, use Resotre and Prep. Then use 12-Months Shield to keep your sink cleaner – for, you got it, 12 months. (see directions below)
Directions: Here’s How to Clean your Sinks & keep them cleaner longer!
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Restore & Prep
- 12-Month Shield
- All-Purpose Cleaner for weekly touch-ups
All-Purpose Cleaner Buy Now
- Mix 1 teaspoon All-Purpose Cleaner in 2 to 4 cups of hot tap water in a bowl or cup.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Wet a sponge or cloth with the mixture and apply the mixture to the surfaces of your sink.
- OR –
- Wait for the mixture to cool a bit, then pour it into your Spray Bottle, and spray on your sink. (Let it cool or it will melt a plastic spray bottle, like happened to me.)
- If areas around the fixtures are gungy, put an extra amount (or a concentration) of the mixture on them, and scrub with a brush or scouring pad.
- Let the mixture sit on the sink for 10 minutes or more.
- Scrub the sink and around the faucets with a brush or scouring pad.
- Let the mixture sit on the sink for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Come back and rinse the sink and faucet.
Deep Clean & Restore Buy Now
For stubborn stains or corrosion around the faucets and fixtures, use Restore & Prep.
- Pour a dime-sized amount of Deep Clean & Restore onto a white scouring pad.
- Work in small areas, no more than 1 foot square, because the product dries quickly.
- Scrub the surface in a circular motion.
- You are not “applying” this product, you are working to remove stains and/or corrosion. This can take some elbow grease. Don’t want to work so hard? This is a natural product, it works well, but it can take some work.
Once the corroded area has been “Restore-d” you don’t have to ever get to this point again. Moving forward, you can easily protect your surfaces and clean away the hard water and residue that causes corrosion before it starts.
12-Month Shield Buy Now
- Fold a micro-fiber cloth over and over, until you have a hand-sized “tool” to work with.
- Or See Micro-Fiber tips for an alternative, Fine Micro-fiber sponge tool.
- Flip the top of the 12-Month Shield bottle and pour a narrow, long line of product (about 2 to 4 inches long) onto the cloth.
- Pay attention to where you are applying the product.
- Work in small areas (3 inches to 1 foot square). The product dries fast.
- “Paint” the entire sink surface with the shield.
- First wipe the product on in an up and down motions, then back and forth.
- Cover every inch of the sink, faucets and fixtures – to protect all areas from stains and corrosion.
- Repeat with a second coat. For added protection, apply a third coat.
Know this: A sink is constantly bombarded with acids and stains. Your white porcelain sink will show stains. Not to worry. As long as you clean your sink once a week, the shield protects your sink from stains taking hold.
You will never need bleach again! Ever!
Use All-Purpose Cleaner to Maintain Your Sink’s Shield for 12 Months Buy Now
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon in 1/2 to 1 cup hot water.
- Apply it over the surface of the sink.
- OR –
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon over the sink. Spread it around the entire surface with your fingers.
- Walk away.
- Return to the sink in an hour and it will be sparkling clean.
- Rinse the product away. If there are any areas that are still stained, sprinkle a little product and scrub with a brush or scouring pad. Let it sit for an hour.
- Repeat until your sink is a healthy, sparkling clean.
Do NOT use other manufacturer’s products; the harsh chemicals will destroy the 12-Month Shield.